Monday 24 March 2014

Eddy

Had a shoot last week with my old friend Eddy.
Ed's a drifter. He's sometimes in Margs, sometimes in Perth and sometimes in Indo.
He always has something to tell you about the world and always leaves you feeling a little bit lighter about life.
The last week or so I kept bumping into him at the dog beach early in the morning with his Yelo coffee in hand and Popeye the Jack Russell at his side, so I managed to lock him in for a shoot.
The weather really turned on for us, easterly winds with the best sunset I've seen in a while.

Throughout the shoot I didn't give Eddy a single direction, he was just telling his stories and I was just taking my photos. Every now and then he'd say "want me to do a headstand on my skateboard?" or "want me to do some ballet in the water?". Cool.

I used my Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8 II USM for a few of the portraits from this shoot which I don't usually do, but I thought it might suit Ed and his story telling .. I was also trying to get a bit more of a variety of shots within my portraits, as I usually just go straight for the close up photos with my Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM. I can never resist the beautiful soft feel this lens produces. I just really love faces and the intimacy and cool compositions you can create when you're right up close, which is a bit odd because I'm not like that at all as a human, just as a photographer. Shooting wide angle portraits was refreshing for me though and I'm loving the different feel it gives the images.

Here is a little visual story from my afternoon with Eddy.

Paris x   






















No comments:

Post a Comment